Conceptual Framework might change my original idea...
I have identified the initial conceptual frame work for the design of my Wii game around Newton's Laws of Physics and the conceptual change model. I have used these when designing instruction for middle school and undergraduate classes and have found them very useful. However, I am having a difficult time deciding how to be creative with the Wii game so that it does not feel like a science class. I would be open to any suggestions.
I am also tempted to redirect my focus after spending much time with the Conceptual change model I feel like it might be difficult to transfer new knowledge without reflection or awareness of misconceptions and scientifically aligned conceptions. Marketing might do better if it is not educational, however learning outcomes may suffer. On the other hand, parents buy Wii games and may be more inclined to purchase something educational. Marketing strategies would have to target parents more than the public.
Is subliminal physics contradictory to conceptual change? This could be argued either way... Any thoughts?
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Subliminal Physics
Progress on an interactive virtual game design for Wii
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment