I really am looking two projects: checking out the use of blogs to enhance interactivity in distance courses, and using timelines to develop interactive activities/assignments. The blogs seem to hold some promise, however they do require a fair bit of monitoring/maintenance in order to be good. The timeline I thought would be easy. I use them a fair bit for my personal use and hoped they would be a suitable tool for group research and discussion--especially for historic or ongoing subjects.
I found a site that had an online, interactive, free timeline that I thought might work for testing my ideas on the use of timelines, "OurStory.com" and I joined up. Then I recruited my siblings to participate in a family timeline that would give my some 'data' to work with. There's the rub. Although they seemed willing, activity on the site is limited, and I have to continually harangue them to get participation. Here's where I am at so far, woefully short of adequate. There is hope, however, since I plan to insert some controversial material and pictures--that should get some reaction.
Start your own timeline at OurStory.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment